Campus Grounds Use Permit

"Campus Grounds" refers to all outdoor areas on campus, including all campus streets and sidewalks, park and lawn areas, parking lots, patios, malls, etc. Some exclusions apply, see below under where is your event taking place?

  • Campus Grounds Use Requests must be submitted at least 14 days before the event date. 
  • Any events involving alcohol must be submitted at least 21 days before the event date.
  • Any events requiring road closure must be submitted at least 28 days before the event date and may require a City of Corvallis Parade Permit.


  • A $40 non-refundable administration fee will be charged for all submissions. Payable by index (OSU Departments), check or credit card.
  • Additional fees may apply for road closures, complicated events, and damage repairs.

Road Closures/Construction:

  • OSU roads are for the steady flow of all traffic modes. It is rare for OSU to close a road for an event. Please consider other campus open spaces prior to requesting a road closure. 
  • Please refer to the Closure Notices to see the most updated information on current campus detours and road closures.

Where is your event taking place?

If your event involves City of Corvallis property or roadways (e.g. marathons, marches, etc.) you will need a Parade Permit. This process can take up to 4 weeks. *Many city streets and transit routes (e.g. 14th/15th, 26th, Western & Monroe) cross through campus. If you have a race, you MUST call (541) 766-6924 to check if the area is City property.

Campus Grounds Use Request (CGUR) is not needed for the following locations. Please contact the department directly for permission to use their space. However, if your event in addition also involves other locations on campus not listed below, you will also need to fill out a CGUR.

  • Athletic Outdoor Locations/Athletic Fields: You must contact the Athletic Department at (541) 737-9379. Outdoor locations include areas like Parker Plaza.
  • Campus Residential Lawns: You must contact University Housing & Dining Services at (541) 737-4771. This does not include McNary Field (also known as lower campus).
  • Memorial Union Quad or SEC Plaza: You must contact the Memorial Union at (541) 737-2416.
  • OSU Research Forests: You must contact the Recreation & Engagement Manager at (541) 737-6702.
  • Student Legacy Park and Peavy Fields: You must contact Dixon Recreation Center at (541) 737-6783.

If you have any questions or need further assistance, please email [email protected].



If you have questions, please email [email protected] or call 541-737-2402 and leave a message as many of our staff are currently working remotely.

Submit a Campus Grounds Use Form (CGUR)


Additional Form:

COVID-19 impacted in-person events at OSU.  This form is intended to provide a process for event planners to submit proposals for in-person events.  While many restrictions have been lifted and this form is not required, submissions will still be reviewed should you want feedback for your event. This process supports OSU's efforts to be in compliance with local, state, and federal guidelines, and OSU policy.

Information and to submit an OSU In-Person Event Resumption Form