Campus Grounds Use Permit

Campus Grounds Use Requests MUST be submitted at least 14 days before the event date. 
*Any events involving alcohol MUST be submitted at least 21 days before the event date.

**An administrative fee of $40 will be charged for all Campus Grounds Use Permit Requests (more complicated events may be charged additional) 

All Recognized Student Organization events and activities must be reported through the Student Organization Data Base ( in advance of the event or travel. Reservations for classroom space or campus ground use will not be confirmed until the activity has been reported.  For more information or for support in submitting an activity plan, contact


Road Closures/Construction:

OSU is experiencing a high volume of construction this year.  Please refer to the Closure NoticesConstruction Traffic and Safety, and Current Projects webpages to see the most updated information. OSU asks that visitors onto campus please be aware of their surroundings.

If you have additional questions regarding campus construction projects, please email


Where is your event taking place?

If your event involves City of Corvallis property or roadways (e.g. marathons, marches, etc.) you will need a Parade Permit. This process can take up to 4 weeks. *Many city streets and transit routes (e.g. 14th/15th, 26th, Western & Monroe) cross through campus. If you have a race, you MUST call (541) 766-6924 to check if the area is City property.


If you event is on Oregon State University campus, see following information:

The Athletic Fields, Campus Residential Lawns, Memorial Union Quad, Student Experience Center and Student Legacy Park, and Peavy Fields require authorization for use from the given department.  The Campus Grounds Use Request (CGUR) is not needed.**


Pre-Authorization is required before submitting CGUR for the areas listed below.  Contact the following to reserve these areas.  After getting confirmation, please submit the CGUR form.


All Other Campus Grounds must submit the form below.
(This includes all campus streets, park and lawn areas, parking lots, patios, malls, etc.) 
If you have questions, please call (541) 737-2402.



Submit a Campus Grounds Use Form (CGUR)