- Reservation Request
- Stay Informed
- Online Calendar
- Campus Use
About TEDx, x= independently organized event. In the spirit of ideas worth spreading, TED has created a program called TEDx. TEDx is a program of local, self-organized events that bring people together to share a TED-like experience. Our event is called TEDx IGNITE, where x = independently organized TED event. At our TEDx IGNITE event, TEDTalks video and live speakers will combine to spark deep discussion and connection in a small group. The TED Conference provides general guidance for the TEDx program, but individual TEDx events, including ours, are self-organized.
Speakers this year include:
- Christopher M. Barnes is an Associate Professor of Management in the Foster School of Business of the University of Washington.
- Habiba Addo is a native of Ghana and a guest teacher and performer for Portland Public Schools.
- Jonathan W. Hurst is an Associate Professor of Robotics in the School of Mechanical, Industrial, and Manufacturing Engineering at Oregon State University, as well as the co-founder and Chief Technology Officer of Agility Robotics.
- Kyle Hart is a children's book author and illustrator living in Portland, Oregon.
- Chinyere Tutashinda is participating as a Co-Facilitator on the Oakland Mayors' Youth Violence Task Force.