- Reservation Request
- Stay Informed
- Online Calendar
- Campus Use
SMILE provides strong support for SMILE teachers and an ongoing program of professional development, because the program's effectiveness and the success of the students depends on the SMILE Club leaders.
The purpose of SMILE's Teacher Professional Development Workshops and in-district follow-up is to enhance teachers' abilities to:
- Deliver inquiry-based integrated science/math curricula
- Deepen content of science and math
- Make connections to career fields- Integrate technology into their teaching
- Facilitate cooperative or collaborative classes and activities
- And to provide culturally-relevant, equity promoting teaching techniques
SMILE Club teachers develop instructional strategies in science and math attuned to helping students succeed.